Acupuncture Helps Your Immune System
Research shows that Acupuncture strengthens your immune system. It will therefore almost certainly help you fight off coronavirus. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20399151
Diet and Lifestyle changes that are easy to do can also have a big effect on your immune system. This can help you to fight Coronavirus.
At our £20 acupuncture clinic in Guildford, Surrey, we will be offering acupuncture and dietary advice that will help you deal with coronavirus.
Covid 19 is a virus. It is the same type of virus as flues and colds. With the vaccines, the death rate is now similar to having flu. So it is now no more likely to kill you than other similar viruses. Interestingly, the vaccine’s job is to trigger a memory in your immune system of how to fight it. So the only thing that fights it when you catch it is still your immune system. It is your immune system that will overcome it. If your immune system now knows how to fight it and not die, it still can be serious. We are now seeing clients who have had Long Covid for several months.
Some factors that make Coronavirus more likely to severely effect you are:
- Age – the older the more likely.
- High Blood Pressure
- Existing lung issues
- Having poor immune system
Acupuncture, Coronavirus and your Immune System.
Acupuncture is well known to improve the immune system. There are much research proving this. (see references below). In our clinic we see this every day.
Acupuncture can also improve blood pressure. In our clinic we have seen many parients blood pressure improve. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26365445
In our clinic we have had really good results with lung issues, including my own long term asthma. Acupuncture has been shown to help lung issues, and strengthen the immune system while doing so. This is is important in us fighting off coronavirus. Specially older people and those with lung issues. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26939313
Also Anxiety decreases your immune system, making fighting coronavirus harder for you. Acupuncture has been shown to reduce your anxiety and increase your immune system. It also shows that the improvement in your immune system from acupuncture can last for up to a month. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17265549
Acupuncture treatment is given daily in the far East. So it is good to come in for a treatment as often as you can. However just one treatment a month can improve your immune system for that month. This is really positive news!
So it is vitally important for you and your family that you make you and your family’s immune systems as strong as possible for the next 6 months. And now is the time to start doing this.
With this in mind I have started self treating with acupuncture to strengthen my immune system and reduce my anxiety.
Diet and Coronavirus
There is a lot you can do with your diet to strengthen the immune system. This is what I do personally:
- The main thing is to stop all sugar intake. Eating sugar weakens your immune system significantly for at least 5 hours.
- Also reduce refined flour, and ready meals.
- Cook 2 meals with vegetables in every day.
- If you are tired a lot try giving up gluten for a week and see what happens. For many people the effect is amazing.
- Cut down and if possible stop alcohol. It will benefit yor immune system to do so
- Take a probiotic every day. 70-80% of your immune system is in your gut!
- Take at least 2gms Vitamine C daily. It strengthens your immune system.
- Take a daily multivitamin.
- Have a 10mg zinc supplement daily.
- Have Vitamin D supplement daily. It strengthens your immune system. We don’t get enough sunlight in the UK.
Lifestyle and Coronavirus
- Exercise regularly. It will strengthen your immune system.
- Sleep for 8 hours. Not enough sleep weakens your immune system.
- Take stress out of your life where possible. Stress and anxiety weaken your immune system.
- Laugh and sing. Amazingly the evidence is that this strengthens your immune system.
References (this is a small subset of numerous studies)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30232865 elderly stroke patients immune systems improved
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26380438 immune sysem inproved in sepsis patients
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26365445 acupuncture reduces high blood pressure
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25219132 acupuncture reduces high blood pressure and improves immune system
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26825083 acupuncture helps sepsis by improving immune system
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1581655 acupuncture activates immune system to fight infection
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29231575 personal experience of an experienced Chinese MD is that acupuncture treats viruses and bacterial infections and boosts the immune system
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26939313 acupuncture improves immune system in chronic and persistent bronchial asthma
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11977512 acupucture definately improves the immune system after chemotherapy
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20709154 acupuncture reduces strss and improves immune system in elderly